Saturday, September 1, 2012

Montana Tech Names its Starting QB (And I Look Like a Fool)

Montana Tech has been keeping it's quarterback decision a secret. Would they go with the incumbant, Brian Schwarzkoph (1-8, 1,465 yards and 9 TDs last season) or Nick Baker (2-1, 750 yards and 9 TDs last season)?

But I'm a reporter, and it's my job to know things before other people do. So I asked around, and two people with Montana Tech (who I trust) told me they chose Schwarzkoph, but that it wasn't public information until game day.

So I go to do my pre-game interview with head coach Chuck Morrell, and this happens:

Humility 1. Bobby 0.

In the real interview, which you can see tonight on the 5:30 show, Coach Morrell stresses that even though Baker is the starter, you'll still see Schwarzkoph worked into the gameplan.

Last season Montana Tech lost both games to Eastern Oregon, most recently a 16-15 heart-breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment